It’s been just over a week in our new house and I am just now starting to feel creative enough to cook again. When I made the following recipe last week all I had in mind was to top some hot pasta with butter and cheese. But then I saw a jar of sun dried tomatoes in my fridge, thought raw garlic would be nice, and remembered the herbs I found in our new garden. It took no extra time to chop the other few ingredients while the pasta was cooking, and the flavours were excellent when combined. I enjoyed it with a glass of wine and a salad on my back deck after a tiring day of unpacking and organizing our new space. As I took the photo I thought, “I could actually make this for guests one night – it’s so pretty!” So maybe I will. I hope you enjoy it!
Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes, Raw Garlic and Fresh Herbs
- Dried pasta, any kind, and any amount (I used a combination of whole wheat fettucini and kamut spaghetti)
- Organic or pastured butter, as much as you like
- Parmesan cheese, as much as you like
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A handful of sundried tomatoes, chopped (I used preserved tomatoes in oil)
- Garlic, minced ( I used 2 cloves)
- Fresh herbs, chopped (I used what I have in my garden right now – rosemary, oregano and parsley. You should use whatever you have or would like. Dried herbs are fine too.)
Directions: Cook the pasta. Drain. While still hot, toss with as much butter and parmesan cheese as you like and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange on plate. Top with chopped sundried tomatoes, raw garlic, and herbs. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and salt and pepper, if desired.
Serve with a salad.
Serves as many people as you want it to!
Linked up at Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum, Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade, Friday Food at Momtrends, Food on Friday at Ann Kroeker, Wholesome Whole Foods at Health Food Lover, Friday Favorites at Simply Sweet Home, Just Another Meatless Monday at Hey, What’s For Dinner Mom? My Meatless Mondays at My Sweet and Savory, Two For Tuesdays Blog Hop at A Moderate Life.
Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarian or why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine. Desserts and other baked goods are welcome as are vegetarian friendly food-related and health posts.
- Please link back to the carnival in your post.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!