Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarian or why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no fish or seafood and no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine. Desserts and other baked goods are welcome as are vegetarian friendly food-related and health posts.
- You may link any appropriate post you want. The date doesn’t really matter to me, although most people will link to something within a week old.
- Please link back to the carnival in the body of your post.
- Please ensure you link back to your post and not your blog.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!
My recipe this week is for “Karate Kick” Scrambled Eggs. Scrambled eggs with an Asian kick. I think you’ll love them.
Why is my life so busy? Argh! This week was all about birthday party prep for my daughter’s 6th birthday and leftovers, so once again I didn’t get to try anything. But I want to and I will. All in good time my pretties.
Okay, this week I was very impressed by the number of bloggers from India who participated in linking up a recipe. I love Indian food, but these amazing women cooks are expanding my repertoire! For some seriously authentic Indian food go take a look!
But my real shout outs are for three bloggers who all posted eggplant recipes. I adore eggplant but I don’t often think about what I am going to make when I purchase them. I have a couple yummy ideas up my sleeve but I always have room for more. Thank you ladies for a few more ideas!
Debbi Does Dinner Healthy posted Pasta Rotini with Eggplant Tomato Puree.
US Masala posted Eggplant in Sesame Peanut Sauce.
Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free posted Eggplant Moussaka.