Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarian or why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no fish or seafood and no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine. Desserts and other baked goods are welcome as are vegetarian-friendly food-related and health posts.
- You may link any appropriate post you want. The date doesn’t really matter to me, although most people will link to something within a week old.
- Please link back to the carnival in the body of your post.
- Please ensure you link back to your post and not your blog.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!
I made two of the recipes that were linked last week. First up was Carrot Ginger Soup from Trina of the Beans. I told my husband to pick anything he wanted from the link up last week and that’s what he picked. It was awesome. I put in way too much fresh ginger which made it too spicy for the girls, but we loved how much it warmed our blood. Especially now that the weather is so chilly! Second I made The Local Cook’s Kale Confetti. Well, actually it was a jumping off point for my own idea (I added more veggies) but I kept it simple and that’s what I liked about it.