Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarianor why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no fish or seafood and no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine.
- Desserts and other baked goods are welcome.
- Vegetarian-friendly food-related and health posts are also welcome.
- You may link any appropriate post you want. The date doesn’t really matter to me, although most people will link to something within a week old.
- Please link back to the carnival in the body of your post.
- Please ensure you link back to your post and not your blog.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!
What you get in return for participating:
- I will comment on your post.
- I will RT your post on Twitter or share it on Facebook.
- If I make your recipe or especially love your non-recipe post, I will link to your post in my shout outs the following week.
My Recipe This Week
I’d been wanting to make the Apple, Maple Pecan bread for almost two weeks since Satakieli posted it here. It was moist and delicious. Perfect with a cup pf spice tea on a cool Autumn day. I especially enjoyed it with some natural peanut butter smothered on top, which is how my mom always eats her loafs.
My husband wanted me to make the pizza right after it got posted. I happily agreed as it was one of the recipes I definitely wanted to try. What a treat! We didn’t make the crust. In fact, we’d planned to make naan bread pizzas, but in the end it was a store-bought crust. Oh well. The topping was amazing though, and I got thumbs up from the entire family. Now that I’ve tried curried veggies on pizza I want to try out a few of my own creations.