Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarian or why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.The power of companies apart there ends and small also have heart form problems. http://cialispreis-deuonline.com/cialis-preis/ I well like your week illness.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no fish or seafood and no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine.
- Desserts and other baked goods are welcome.
- Vegetarian-friendly food-related and health posts are also welcome.
- You may link any appropriate post you want. The date doesn’t really matter to me, although most people will link to something within a week old.
- Please link back to the carnival in the body of your post.
- Please ensure you link back to your post and not your blog.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!
What you get in return for participating:
- I will comment on your post.
- I will RT your post on Twitter or share it on Facebook.
- If I make your recipe or especially love your non-recipe post, I will link to your post in my shout outs the following week.
My Recipe This Week
This week I am sharing a simple, filling and healthy Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Chick Peas and Broccoli.
Christina at Spoonfed blog posted three videos by smart kids with video cameras that I highly recommend you watch. These kids are from Elysian Charter School in Hoboken, N.J. (I wish I could send my kids there!) whose teacher Aram Rubenstein-Gillis is teaching them the importance of understanding where our food comes and how it affects our bodies. If you only want to watch one of these, I suggest the second one called “Who Put That Burger on Your Plate?”
I also loved the simple kid-friendly apple snack ideas from Aubree Cherie at Living Free – Turned Over Sweet Apples and from Michelle at Frugal Granola – Cheesy Apple Rings. My kids loved these. Sorry no picture. You’ll have to go and visit their blogs.
Now it’s your turn to share your recipes! Thanks to everyone who participates each week and welcome to the newcomers!