Welcome to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays! Where we’re not just Meatless on Mondays, but all week through! Hi! My name is Melodie and I’m a long time vegetarian who’s into real food, holistic nutrition, and healthy living but suffers from a sweet tooth! (I love homemade baked goods and ice cream). To learn more about why I became a vegetarian or why I choose to raise my children vegetarian please click on my links.
- You do not have to be a vegetarian/vegan or have a vegetarian/vegan blog to participate.
- Your dish must be completely meat-free (no fish or seafood and no meat based broths, etc). Eggs and dairy are fine.
- Desserts and other baked goods are welcome.
- Vegetarian-friendly food-related and health posts are also welcome.
- You may link any appropriate post you want. The date doesn’t really matter to me, although most people will link to something within a week old.
- Please link back to the carnival in the body of your post.
- Please ensure you link back to your post and not your blog.
- Please use your best carnival manners.
- Please try to visit others’ posts.
- Have fun!
What you get in return for participating:
- I will comment on your post.
- If you have a share button I will RT your post on Twitter or share it on Facebook.
- If I make your recipe or especially love your non-recipe post, I will link to your post in my shout outs the following week.
My Recipe This Week
I’m back with a recipe this week. I’m sharing this pretty Coconut Curry. This is a fantastic dish because I use whole spices instead of mixed powders. Even for the curry spice, I use curry leaves. My friend Maria who many years ago taught me how to blend spices showed me how to make this and on the days I do skimp out and do a curry the easy-peasy way I miss these delicious flavours that are so unique to this recipe. Check it out and see for yourself.
I could not resist trying Trina of the Beans Tomato Baked Eggs. I cooked them a little differently, but the end result couldn’t have been much different. I almost wanted to blog the recipe myself but luckily I was in a cooking mood this week and made myself three weeks worth of blog posts! This is definitely my new favorite way to make eggs though. The flavours were Amazing!